Before this band rehearsal, we were all informed that we still needed to complete a songwriting task so we focused on that instead of writing material for the up coming end of year gig.
The task was to take an existing poem, re arrange it and make a song out of it. I really wanted to get it all finished and sorted in this lesson so I decided to grab an acoustic guitar and fiddle around with some basic chords and just make a nice acoustic soft song.
After I figured out where I wanted the lyrics to go and how I wanted the guitar to come across, we recorded the guitar first, then my vocals.
After this, Jack recorded the percussion which was some shaker eggs and the cajon.
At this point of the lesson, we ran out of time for Chris to lay down a lead guitar so he will be continuing with that in his own time and have the whole track cleaned up and polished by the time we have our next practice.
Next band session we plan to have some more of our original done that we were working in previously.